At Mt Mulligan Lodge, we are passionate about preserving the natural beauty of the Far North Queensland area in which our properties are located.
The Reef Keepers Fund is an environmental fund created by Morris Group that supports projects and organisations that are committed to protecting the Great Barrier Reef. $50 per guest stay is donated toward environmental projects aimed at protecting and preserving the world’s largest coral reef ecosystem.
The donations will be granted to different organisations working on projects that protect our reef. If you feel inspired to contribute, you are welcome to match or add your desired amount to your final bill.
Each year the Reef Keepers Fund supports projects that have helped build research, awareness, and education surrounding reef sustainability, and has helped combat issues like climate change, water pollution, crown-of-thorns outbreaks, clearing of forests, and plastic pollution.
Guests will be kept updated on the impact of their contribution to preserving one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
In FY22 the Reef Keepers Fund donated more than $570k to the below projects:
- Greenpeace – building a movement of businesses buying 100% Renewable Electricity, building momentum for climate solutions.
- The Next Economy – working with communities in regional Queensland to imagine a future that works for both people and planet.
- Solar Citizens – helping to promote the economic and jobs benefits in Queensland of renewable energy projects.
- Australian Youth Climate Coalition (AYCC) – Townsville Schools Program empowering youth to lead on climate action
- Tangaroa Blue – beach clean-ups at and around Orpheus Island and helicopter survey of marine debris on beaches.
- Rainforest Rescue – the restoration of old cane farming land to the biodiverse rainforest in the Daintree Rainforest.
- James Cook University – funding four Ph.D. scholarships to continue their research at Orpheus Island Research Station.