At Mt Mulligan Lodge, we are passionate about preserving the natural beauty of the Far North Queensland area.
The Reef Keepers Fund is an environmental fund created by the Morris Group that supports projects and organisations that are committed to protecting the Great Barrier Reef. The fund allows you to indulge with a clear conscience, as $50 per guest stay is donated toward environmental projects aimed at protecting and preserving the world’s largest coral reef ecosystem.
The donations will be granted to different organisations working on projects that protect our reef. If you feel inspired to contribute you are welcome to match or add your desired amount to your final bill.
The Reef Keepers Fund has supported projects that have helped build research, awareness and education surrounding reef sustainability, and has helped combat issues like climate change, water pollution, crown-of-thorn outbreaks, clearing of forests and plastic pollution.
Guests will be kept updated on the impact of their contribution to preserving one of the seven natural wonders of the world.
In FY 18/19 we supported the following projects:
- GRMPA Turtle Hospital – signage at Reef HQ Aquarium in Townsville about the turtle rehabilitation program
- Museum of Underwater Art – MOUA will have environmental message about the major threats to the Great Barrier Reef
- Australian Marine Conservation Society – general support for the AMCS to continue its work advocating to politicians and the public about protecting the Great Barrier Reef
- Tangaroa Blue – beach clean-ups at and around Orpheus Island and the upgrade of the Tangaroa Blue website to lodge the location of marine debris
- Greenpeace – plastics prevention campaign to train and manage volunteers to campaign against single-use plastics across Australia